Consumers Are Not Responsible for Product Safety
A product must be manufactured, labeled, and marketed in accordance with state and federal regulations. If you suffer an injury due to negligence at any of these stages, you may be entitled to compensation. The team at Hales & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation has extensive experience with personal injury cases involving dangerous products. We are committed to working tirelessly on your behalf.
Product liability claims cover an extremely wide range of defective products, including:
- Defective brakes
- Defective airbags
- Tainted medicine or food
- Inadequately labeled pharmaceuticals
- Defective safety devices such as fire detectors
- Tire blowouts
- Post collision fires
- Defective medical devices
- Door latch failures
- Seat belt failures
Three Categories of Dangerous Products Claims
- Breach of Warranty: Breach of warranty is based on contract law and does not require proof of negligence or fault on the part of the manufacturer. Hales & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation can help you receive compensation if you are injured or your property is damaged while using a product which did not satisfy the terms of its warranty.
- Negligence: The responsible party may be held liable due to negligence if you are injured because a manufacturer or seller did not exercise reasonable care in the design, manufacture, inspection or testing of a product.
- Strict Liability: Under the theory of strict liability, the injured party only needs to demonstrate that the product is defective due to design defects, manufacturing defects, or failure to warn of defects that existed prior to the manufacturer’s release of the product.
Experienced Product Liability Representation
Product liability laws can be complex. More often than not, companies will hire a team of attorneys who specialize in discouraging your efforts to exercise your rights. The team at Hales & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation will protect the rights of you and of those you love the most.