Skip to main content

As a driver in Southern California, you likely have a sense of what steps to take following a collision with another vehicle. You’ll need to assess yourself and others at the scene for any injuries, exchange contact and insurance information, and report the accident to your insurance company. However, what happens if you are a pedestrian who is struck by another vehicle? Do you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries? Here’s some basic information about what injured pedestrians can do to recover compensation in Riverside County.

Determining Fault

California has several right-of-way laws that are intended to protect pedestrians. For instance, the driver must yield to pedestrians crossing a roadway within a designated crosswalk or at an intersection. As a pedestrian, if you were injured by a driver who failed to yield to you or who was negligent in some way, you may be entitled to recover compensation. If you believe the driver was speeding, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, distracted by a cell phone, or engaging in any sort of reckless or negligent behavior, contact a skilled auto accident lawyer to discuss your options for pursuing compensation.

Building a Strong Personal Injury Claim

Your attorney will work with you to determine what information you’ll need to build a successful claim. Together, you’ll gather witness statements, photographs of the scene, video evidence, medical bills, and other documentation that shows the driver’s negligence led to your injuries. At the scene, it’s essential to gather as much evidence as possible (contact information for witnesses, photographs, or police reports) so you can build a detailed and compelling case.

Contact a Trusted Temecula Auto Accident Lawyer Today

Suffering an injury as a pedestrian can be devastating. Whether your injuries have required a lengthy hospital stay or you’re well on your road to recovery, you should contact a knowledgeable auto accident lawyer to discuss your options for obtaining compensation. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be able to recover compensation that covers past and present medical bills, future medical costs, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, or costs for pain and suffering. Together, you and your attorney will work to secure the settlement you need to get your life back on track.


Call Hales & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation, today at (951) 489-3320 to discuss your case with a trusted Temecula auto accident lawyer.

Hales & Associates

Hales & Associates

Hales & Associates, A Professional Law Corporation offers personal injury legal services to clients in Murrieta, Temecula, Menifee, Wildomar, Sun City and those living throughout Riverside County.